The member’s of the unions that are affiliated to the Federation fall into two broad categories – domiciled and non-domiciled. Find out here what we provide to our members.
The members of the unions that are affiliated to the Federation fall into two broad categories – domiciled and non-domiciled.
For the specific membership eligibility details, and the services and benefits available, for domiciled members, please refer to the relevant affiliate's website.
For non-domiciled seafarers (e.g. those not eligible to be domiciled members) who work on ships and vessels that are organised by the unions who are members of the Federation, the services provided to you are stipulated, as a minimum, by the ITF. These services include:
• A newsletter, journal or magazine
• A contacts directory and details of relevant person/s
• Assistance with any valid claims arising under collective agreements
• Ship visits (where possible).
The Nautilus Federation on behalf of its members has also developed the following additional services, which incorporate and exceed those required by the ITF: –
• A 24/7 all year round support service – Nautilus 24/7 which provides a point of contact for urgent queries by seafarers on Federation organised ships and vessels
• A Joint Assistance and Support Network (JASON) to provide support to members facing criminalisation to ensure that your human rights are protected in accordance with the IMO/ILO Fair Treatment Guidelines and the IMO Casualty Investigation Code.